Writing to Recipients
Here you will find general guidelines for corresponding with your loved one's recipients.
If you decide to write to the transplant recipients, consider sending a hand-written or typed card or letter. We have listed some suggestions for you to consider when writing. If you would like further assistance, please contact our Family Services staff at email@example.com or 1-800-521-GIVE.
You may want to tell something about your loved one:
- Names may be included
- Your loved one's family (parents, sisters, brothers, marital status, children, grandchildren)
- Your loved one's hobbies or interests
- Talk about your loved one's work or occupation
When mailing your card or letter be sure to:
- Include a separate piece of paper with your loved one's full name and date of donation.
- If you are writing to several recipients, you may want to send a separate letter to each. If you prefer, we will make copies of your letter and forward it to each recipient.
Please mail your card or letter to:
Louisiana Organ Procurement Agency
ATTN: Family Services
3545 N. I 10 Service Road
Metairie , LA 70002
Will I hear from the recipients?
You may or may not receive a response from them. Most recipients are delighted to share information about themselves and may respond immediately. Others may find it difficult to respond to your gesture at this time. Some may never be able to write.
Thank you for writing to the recipients. We know that they appreciate hearing from the donor families. We also understand how difficult it may be for you to write to them. We thank you for your thoughtfulness.