LIFE happens from your couch on
LOPA is participating in #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving.
Since its founding in 2012, #GivingTuesday has inspired giving around the world, resulting in greater donations and activities that bring about real change in communities.
We invite you to join LOPA’s Couch to 5K movement! Give to LOPA and help reach our fundraising goal of $5000 on November 28, 2017. (The fundraiser is open now, and will remain open throughout the holiday season to encourage giving.)
NO RUNNING REQUIRED! Make LIFE happen from your couch!
Your contribution and fundraising efforts will help us reach those who have not yet registered as organ, eye and tissue donors and help fund other projects.
Click on the Couch! Start a fundraising team, create a page to raise funds on your own, or choose an amount below to make a simple donation.
Your contribution will help us save and heal more lives in Louisiana! Give TODAY!
- A single organ donor can save the lives of up to 9 people.
- On average, a single tissue donor can heal the lives of up to 50 people.
- More than 33,000 people began new lives in 2016 thanks to organ transplants.
- More than 40,000 patients have their sight restored every year through cornea transplants.
- A living donor can provide a kidney or a portion of their liver, lung, pancreas or intestine to someone in need.
- Nationwide, minorities represent 58% of all organ transplant candidates, and more than 63% awaiting kidney transplants are minorities.
- More than one-third of all deceased donors are age 50 or older, and nearly 10% are age 65 or older.
- Sadly, an average of 22 patients die every day while awaiting a life-saving transplant.
- On average, every 10 minutes, another person is added to the National waiting list for an organ transplant.
- More than 116,000 people are currently waiting for an organ transplant in the U.S.
- More than 1 million tissue transplants are performed each year and the surgical need for tissue has been steadily rising.
Share these facts with someone close to you, register as an organ, eye and tissue donor today and encourage others to do the same this holiday season!
Ways to give to LOPA year-round
If you haven’t already, register to be an organ, eye and tissue donor. Just click on the heart above!
To register on the Donate Life America National Registry, visit www.registerme.org
Start a fundraiser or event to raise money for LOPA and encourage your community to register as organ, eye and tissue donors! See examples of fundraisers started around the state on our contributions page.